Cucumber Pops are an awesome and tasty way to cool down and beat the heat. Cucumbers are rumored to actually lower your body temperature and these pops certainly support that case. On a HOT day like this I’m glad I have this recipe – these pops will be in my freezer by lunch time and ready to devour!
- 4 cucumbers, with half the peel left on
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed lime juice – Save the peel of 2 limes for zest
- the zest of 2 limes
- 1 cups purified water
- 1 cup sparkling lemonade (plain lemonade works too)
- 2 – 3 tsps, sea salt
- 1 small bunch of basil, chopped super fine
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and mix on a high setting for about 1 minute.
- Remove the pulp by pouring liquid through a strainer into a pitcher or large bowl and discard the pulp.
- Pour the juice into popcicle molds or an ice tray (go old school and use toothpicks… there ain’t no shame in the toothpick game).
- Freeze for 1-2 hours and then dig in!