This Corn Souffle’ is a GREAT side for dinner, especially when served with grilled goodies. It’s perfect next to green beans or charred brussels sprouts. Dishes that sound and look fancy but are super simple to execute are my favorite (for obvious reasons) and the fact that it’s inexpensive only adds to its charm. Unique, light, and delicious this is the perfect elegant dish to juxtapose a classic BBQ menu.
- 1 can organic creamed corn
- 1/4 c. milk (or less – see instructions_
- 3 eggs, yolks separated from whites – keep both parts, in separate bowls
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- honey, for garnish
- 6 ceramic ramekins, or 1 medium casserole dish, sprayed w/ non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix flour and butter together in the medium mixing bowl
- Stir in the cream corn
- Mix the YOLKS into the batter
- Add a little milk to just cover the dough then mix
- Add salt
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until medium peaks form
- Fold a fourth of the egg whites into the batter, this should make it fluffy. Repeat until all the whites are used.
- Fill the ramekins or a medium-sized casserole dish
- Place the dishes onto a cookie sheet with a ledge, and pour a small amount of water onto the sheet, creating a very shallow water bath, be careful not to get any water into the souffle’
- Bake between 30-40 minutes, keeping an eye on the souffle’, making sure it rises and gets golden brown - do not open the oven, just keep the oven light on.
- When done, carefully remove from oven and allow to cool for just a few minute
- Add a dollop of honey to the top of the souffle’s and serve.